For the last 20 months I have been working with the Australian River Restoration Centre which took over some of the Knowledge for Regional NRM Program projects I worked on at Land & Water Australia (LWA) to maintain their legacy after LWA closed down.
At the ARRC we are now very privileged to be facilitating the Sharing Water Knowledge Forum which is being held in Albury in regional NSW. This event is not your usual talking heads conference and will be a series of workshops and interactive sessions designed to facilitate knowledge sharing around the following themes:
- Climate change, water impacts and adaptation,
- Water planning and markets
- Indigenous knowledge and cultural flows
- Science communication and storytelling,
- Groundwater and surface water interactions,
- Managing environmental water
- Catchment scale processes
- Innovation and creativity
The National Water Commission, Murray–Darling Basin Authority, CSIRO Water for a Healthy Country Flagship and eWater CRC are combining their best researchers and practitioners to provide participants with the opportunity to choose from these eight different topics.
In addition to the workshops will be excellent keynote presenters, with Dr Matthew Colloff and Ash Donaldson challenging us with new research and thinking in water science and knowledge management.
To find out more go to the Forum site.